Sunday, November 6, 2022

I might want to learn R? Also imposter syndrome. Also DST ends.

TIL that my dog doesn’t care about the ending of Daylight Savings Time.

She really wanted breakfast at the same old time and she made that known today.

Which is great for a dog who, last year, was in the middle of an arduous auto-immune disorder diagnosis and treatment process and wasn’t always very interested in food. But it was also not great in that we need to adjust to the new times, not just insist on doing everything an hour earlier.

Today I also learned that I might want to try expanding (again) into the programming languages of data science in addition to my Happy Little SQL queries and low-code BI viz apps. Of course, I’m already trying to talk myself out of it. It’s too hard, too overwhelming, etc etc. What if I suck at it? Didn’t I try teaching myself Python last year but ghosted my lessons as soon as life got a little too busy? What if I’m actually stupid, I’ve just been deep faking my entire professional career, and this one thing is going to topple my carefully built castle of lies and bullshit? 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of annoying admin stuff, but also testing out some custom calculations

 I’ve been learning more than I ever wanted to know about login-based license management for Tableau Server, yet I still feel like I don’t h...